Tyres: 225/40/18
Spacers: None

Rear
Size: 18x9.5
Offset: +38
Tyres: 255/35/18

Suspension: Apex Performance Gen 2 Coilovers
Comments: Rears are fine, but I had the arches rolled as a precaution. Front is quite tight with about 4mm coilover clearance, but have not got any rubbing even on full lock. Rears do stick out ever so slightly.

E

Envious

Would it be possible to get 19's on and lower the car on coilovers?
Basically has anyone done this or know someone who has?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
depends on how low you wish to go, the width of the wheel, the offset of the wheel and the type of coilovers fitted.

I am thinking about 19" atm, but I have tein coilovers and my car isn't that low.

J

j0nbubz

Wheels. Coilovers are Tein Superstreet. Max lowered

Volk TE37 - 18x8.5+32 (225/35), 18x9.5+38 (255/40) - Fit perfect, fronts stick out a little too much. Camber will fix it. No Spacers

Work Meisters - 18x8+35 (235/45), 18x9+35 (255/40) - Fit absolutely perfect. No Spacers

S

superbike81

Wheels: Unknown Japanese Brand
Size: 18x8 front, 18x9 rear
Offset: +38 front, +35 rear
Tires: 235/40 front and 265/40 rear
Spacers: 16mm in the front, none in the rear
Suspension: Cusco coilovers front, stock struts with Nismo springs rear.
Comments: Fenders are rolled, decent camber in the front (for the look, not because it was needed). Tires in the rear are way too much, but I got all 4 wheels and tires for $350US.

Upgrading wheels in February and have some questions....

I want to get the Enkei RPF01 SBC (special brilliant coating). Basically they look like chrome, without the added weight. But they are limited on sizes. I wanted to run a staggered offset, but the sizes just aren't available in SBC. So I was thinking 18x8.5 +30 for all 4.

Do you think I will run into any problems with this wheel size/offset? It's the closest I can get without either having to run a huge spacer or go wide body.

What tire sizes should I run? I was thinking 215 or 225/40 in the front and 235 or 245/40 in the rear.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Should have no problems on the rears, the fronts may cause rubbing on the arches unless you run some negative camber. Id reccomend a 225 tyre as this will look better than a 215 and should still allow coilover clearence (which will probably be very close depending on what your coilovers are like).

S

superbike81

Anyone running any kind of crazy offsets on a S15?

I'm seriously considering picking up a set of the RPF1's I posted above, but in a 18x9.5 +15 all around. I know I'll have to get the fenders pulled about 30mm out, but a local bodyshop here will do it for $200US. I'll stretch some 225's on the front and 235's on the rear I think. Won't be the greatest performance, but this car is a daily driver anyways. Won't be getting the wheels until January, but I'll definitley post up pics once I get them on.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Anyone running any kind of crazy offsets on a S15?

I'm seriously considering picking up a set of the RPF1's I posted above, but in a 18x9.5 +15 all around. I know I'll have to get the fenders pulled about 30mm out, but a local bodyshop here will do it for $200US. I'll stretch some 225's on the front and 235's on the rear I think. Won't be the greatest performance, but this car is a daily driver anyways. Won't be getting the wheels until January, but I'll definitley post up pics once I get them on.
Im running 18X9.5 +38 on the rears with no issues what-so-ever but they stick out ever so slightly, so your going to need some serious arch work with a +15 to make them legal.

Got 18x8.5 +32 front and the main issues there is the coilover clearance, but with a +15 I cannot see this being an issue. Again Id be more bothered about how far they will stick out.

If your going to have big arches added then none of what you plan should be a problem.

Will a 225 fit on a 9.5 inch rim? My fronts are on 225 and they are quite streached :wack:

T

tripleJs15

What do you guys think of the exposed center of the P1s... the front always has a lil white dash of paint on it. I used a black spray paint over it. The rears looks crappy especially with the rusty nuts... but then again its kinda rugged look isnt it? Most S15 has the lil white dash of paint. Even with Kazama's S15 here...

What size and offset is this car running ?

T

tripleJs15

oh I see, just did a brembo front brake swap on my car and in the process of ordering a set of Gram Light 57S Pro's, however I'm not exactly sure what size/offset to get. I would like to go with 18's, maybe 10" wide at the back and 8.5 or 9" up front, The car has coilovers and lowered about 1.5" all around.

M

Matt_S

oh I see, just did a brembo front brake swap on my car and in the process of ordering a set of Gram Light 57S Pro's, however I'm not exactly sure what size/offset to get. I would like to go with 18's, maybe 10" wide at the back and 8.5 or 9" up front, The car has coilovers and lowered about 1.5" all around.
Yeh, good luck with that then.... :wack:

J

JDM 20T

My S15 on the right

Wheels: Enkei Peaks Racing

Front
Size: 17x9
Offset: +22
Tyres: 215/45/17

Rear
Size: 17x9
Offset: +35
Tyres: 235/45/17

Suspension: GAB SS Series
Comments: Didnt need to roll any of the guards to make them fit does not scrub on full lock on the front and does not bottom out in the rear

Friends pewter S15 on the left

Wheels: SSR Proffesors SP1

Front
Size: 18x8.5
Offset: +30

Rear
Size: 18x9.5
Offset: +45
Spacers: Unknown

R

R3N

is it possible to fit 18x8.5 +25 fronts and 18x9.5 +30 rears nismo lmgt4 on an s15 with tein flex lowered 25mm? will i need spacers or arch rolling?
what size tyres?
i'd like to know this also... or would 8.5 +30 and 9.5 +38 be a better option? i want something flush without needing to play with camber settings for now because i don't have camber adjustment

T

tripleJs15

that would work, the rear will sit in a little but it will work,

My setup 18.8.5 +35 and the back 18x10 +35 sat flush all the way around (back had a 255/35/18 Slight Stretch)

With what you posted the back will sit in 9~10mm more, but i would still run a 255/35/18 though

Last edited:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
i'd like to know this also... or would 8.5 +30 and 9.5 +38 be a better option? i want something flush without needing to play with camber settings for now because i don't have camber adjustment
Why would you do that?

You run the risk of chewing up tyres and running with compromised grip, might as well keep the stock wheels on until you can get camber, toe and traction adjusted.

R

R3N

Why would you do that?

You run the risk of chewing up tyres and running with compromised grip, might as well keep the stock wheels on until you can get camber, toe and traction adjusted.
so you're saying i need to get camber dialed in for better grip and not chew tyres?

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
so you're saying i need to get camber dialed in for better grip and not chew tyres?
Yeah.

Without it you run the risk of having too much -ve or +ve camber depending on how the car sits with the new wheels meaning that it might only run on part of the tyre and therefore will wear down that part of the tyre alot quicker.

And if your only on part of the tyre you are not getting all the potential grip from that wheel.

You do not always want to run 0 camber, as for example I run -ve 1 camber to give a little more grip.

Personally I would suggest you get all the alignment arms needed for adjustments.

You will need camber, traction and toe rods on the rear, and traction rods and camber adjustments on the front.

Unfortunatly the only way to adjust camber on the front is with adjustable pillow mounts from aftermarket suspension though.

I got all this sorted before I put my new wheels on so I could get them laser aligned as soon as I put on the wheels.

Its up to you if you want to do all this or not and Im sure some people might say that it will probably be fine with out it all but personally Id do it every time :thumbs:

Also I would go for 18x8.5 +32 on the front or your wheel will stick out a little too much to be legal.

I run 18x8.5 +32 front and 18x9.5 +38 rears and they stick out ever so slightly.

But you do need to be very careful that if you get coilovers they do not rub on the wheels as alot of people have this issue.

Im running Apex Gen 2 coilovers and have about 3mm clearance between the wheel and strut.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
T

tefu

Here is mine
Wheels: Volks GTS

Front:
Size: Disc A (high disc) 19x8.5 +24
Tyre: 235/35/19 Kumho KU31
Camber:-1.65

Rear:
Size: Disc C (Low disc) 19x9.5 +37
Tyre: 265/30/19 Kumho KU31
Camber:-2.3

Also ... the rear guards are rolled and slightly pulled and they are on stock suspension (still got no cash for coils yet :p)

I could fit +21 at the rear but have to use stretched tyres

Last edited: