What's new

Nismo GT LSD PRO 1.5way

S

silvialam

Hi guys,

Recently i just got myself a nismo gt lsd pro 1.5way but still yet to fix it. I had read through the nismo site and it stated that we can change the initial torque of the lsd without disassembling the lsd unit itself.

my question is, at which level of initial torque adjustment give the best performance? is it very depending on driving style? As a start, what kind of adjustment level is recommended? Do we need to run in the new LSD? if yes, what is the best method or ways to run in the new lsd?

anyone using this lsd? please comment and also suggestion...

Thank you

** http://www.nismo.co.jp/products/partsdirectory/lsd/lsdpro.html please use some language translator to translate from Jappy to English

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The torque adjustments are for how "often" the lsd engages. If it's set to low, it wouldnt engage that often therefore easier on the streets when you are turning tight corners or parking

As for breaking in the LSD, after installing the LSD, do a figure 8 and change the lsd oil

M

mitch

I did, but I didn't sell it very well and he wouldn't do it. Which was fine as he had to do his two weeks later and I returned the favour :D

Topper-To change the adjustment I think you need to remove an output shaft and change/adjust something inside, so it's a bit of a pain and not something you'd do all the time. I'm not definite, but fairly sure.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Cheers mate :thumbs:, think i'll look into getting one,

silvialam, where you get yours from?

Reaction score
Fancied getting one of those Diffs, how easy is it to change the adjustment?
"When the car is jacked-up, the side flange of the right side is pulled out, change of initial torque is possible at wrench one, when (it turns to the right, when it turns to ?HIGH? and the left, ?LOW?). " - According to Nismo site:thumbs:

S

silvialam

Cheers mate :thumbs:, think i'll look into getting one,

silvialam, where you get yours from?

i got mine from my country here. Im from malaysia and the LSD cost me Malaysia Ringgit(RM) 2800

J

j@garagemac

the settings depend on the use of the diff if drifting and a beginer set it to high or for street then low or very experianced drifter low you can also change the settings at track i.e if it rains you can loosen the diff for more traction

kind regards j@garagemac

K

khoala

the site said u need to place it on the low torque setting initially to bed in (6kgn or something) and then after you've bedded it in you can adjust it to your liking.

i'm gonna order the exact same one next week for my car (ordering).

so after i install it, put oil in, bed it in and then replace the oil.

when u say figure 8...just normal turning yes....not sideways figure 8...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Some good info there, The TT model sounds better for street use as its quieter. Doesnt give prices, will need to see who's got them at the best deals.

K

khoala

TT is time trial mode.
price is identical to pro

but i was led to believe the TT model is set for more testing rather then a daily car???

Reaction score
The TT is probably pretty good for the road. Its driving around on drift spec locked 1.5 or 2 ways that a little nervy for road use!:thumbs:

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
the site said u need to place it on the low torque setting initially to bed in (6kgn or something) and then after you've bedded it in you can adjust it to your liking.

i'm gonna order the exact same one next week for my car (ordering).

so after i install it, put oil in, bed it in and then replace the oil.

when u say figure 8...just normal turning yes....not sideways figure 8...

i think it says you should leave it at the middle setting for break in, then you can change it as you wish?
thats what i read in the light grey writing in "1" on this pic:
:)